Personal Finance, in association with Independent Media, ProfileData and PlexCrown Fund Ratings, hosted the 22nd Raging Bull Awards on Wednesday evening, January 31, 2018.
The award evening was preceded by an all-day investment summit.
The Raging Bull Awards ceremony, which was first held in 1997, celebrates the top performing unit trust funds across a range of sectors and acknowledges the best-performing unit trust management companies. This year’s event and investment summit was held in Cape Town at The Avenue, Dock Road, V&A Waterfront.
Allan Gray made a significant comeback to collect the Raging Bull Award for the South African Management Company of the year, winning the title for the sixth time for the returns it earned for you, its investors, across all its qualifying funds to the end of last year. The best South African Equity General Fund award went to Fairtree’s Equity Prescient Fund.
The winning funds:
Straight performance over three years
1. Best South African Equity General Fund: Fairtree Equity Prescient Fund
2. Best South African Interest Bearing Fund: Fairtree Flexible Income Plus Prescient Fund
3. Best (SA Domiciled) Global Equity General Fund: Allan Gray-Orbis Global Equity Feeder Fund
4. Best (FSB Approved) Offshore Global Equity Fund: Orbis Global Equity Fund Risk-adjusted performance over five years
Risk-adjusted performance over five years
5. Best South African Equity General Fund on a Risk-Adjusted Basis: Fairtree Equity Prescient Fund
6. Best South African Multi-Asset Equity Fund on a Risk-Adjusted Basis: NFB Ci Cautious Fund of Funds
7. Best South African Multi-Asset Flexible Fund on a Risk-Adjusted Basis: Centaur BCI Flexible Fund
8. Best (FSB Approved) Offshore Global Asset Allocation Fund on a Risk-Adjusted Basis: Orbis Optimal SA Fund.
Original article posted on IOL here: https://www.iol.co.za/business-report/companies/meet-the-winners-from-the-raging-bull-awards-2018-13064382